This I Believe (from ICE class)






I believe in being myself. “There’s nothing wrong with me, this is how I’m supposed to be.” This is my favorite part of Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day. To me these lyrics talk about how people may think that there is something different about someone but that person shouldn’t care about what anyone else thinks of them. I think that everyone has a choice to be who they want to be. They shouldn’t think about what others think of them or how other people see them. I like how I am. I don’t care what other people think of me. I would rather make myself happy than try to change myself to fit in or to make someone like me.
I wear clothes that I like and that I feel comfortable in. I wear my hair short because it is easier to take care of and it stays out of my way. I like the things I like and I don’t care what anyone else has to say about it. I’ve been lucky and people have accepted me for the way that I am. It is difficult to stay true to myself sometimes but I just stick to my instincts and do what I want to do without listening to what anyone has to say about me. I also don’t let what people say get to me.
I went to a Green Day concert before starting to school. When they played Jesus of Suburbia at the end of the concert, I didn’t film the first part of the song because I wanted to hear those lyrics without any filter. I wanted to see them live and in person while the words that I loved were sang. I didn’t want to see them through a screen. Being able to hear those words live in concert is one of my favorite memories of the night. I have those words hanging on my walls at home and in my dorm. They continue to inspire me to continue to be myself no matter what anyone says about me or the way that I am. I believe in being myself and there is nothing in the world that can change my mind.

Pictures are mine from the Green Day concert at Wrigley Field on 8/24/17

Comments

  1. you are a superfan! i love this! i have only recently come to appreciate Green Day, but via Pompeii's remake of that one major hit, Cracking Up. Have you heard it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard it. While I love the original, this cover is really good. The orchestra behind it makes it so different (since I am used to the guitar riffs) yet so enjoyable. But, to me, nothing will compare to hearing it live.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get to know me #5: Marvel

Writing in Cursive-Microtheme