"My head's above the rain and roses"



My first week of school has been interesting. There are times when it is easy to get through the day. There are times when I just want to go home. During those times that I want to go home, I always play this song ("Still Breathing" by Green Day). I fell in love with it when it came out as a single last September and it played while I was on vacation in Paris and London (usually while I was staring out of a train or bus window in awe). The video for it could not be better. It shows how the band always comes back together. This song always reminds me that there are always going to be things that get you down and that make you want to just give up but that you have to keep going and that you are "still breathing".
I was able to see this song performed live and it just brought so much more to the song. When it is performed live and everyone is singing along, it just makes it so much more powerful and meaningful. It was one of my favorite parts of the night. When I really feel like I want to go home or I feel overwhelmed, I play the live version and I always feel better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This I Believe (from ICE class)

Get to know me #5: Marvel

Writing in Cursive-Microtheme